When my baby, when my baby smiles at me I go to Rio

And in the interests of fairness they should also consider limiting what ever it is that makes U Bolt faster than everyone else too.

They should just let everyone take what they like. If athletes smash the stuff too much and die well that’s their problem.

Ive always been a big fan of this.
Hold a World Championship where anyone can attend and it would get triple the interest of the Olympics. I want to see the best in the World, clean or not

The Canadian girl may have finished 4th in the Women's 800m Final but she is 1st in my heart.

Yep, Melissa is a sweetheart. Not sure about the person who won it though.

The criticism of C Semenya is grossly unfair. She’s not cheating, she was born like that.

Never said Senenya was cheating Diggs.

We were actually being sexist and talking about good looking babes. Now while I am not sure Semenya is a female, I am not the adjudicator, but she is not that attractive to me as a hot babe !

Can run a bit though !

They'll bring in the hormone level thing which will even everything out within 12-18 months

The hormone thing was introduced by the IAAF a few years ago - Another athlete took the case to CAS and won - There willbe no changes.

2011 to be precise.
IAAF is going back to CAS to appeal. imo they’ll keep trying new avenues until something gets passed through that monitors hormone levels. All IAAF need to do to get the first appeal to go through is prove how much testosterone improves performance. 5 minutes of looking through IPF (tested) to all time powerlifting (untested) records tells me it’s about 14% for women (mathed in my head), less for men.
Ultimately the rule(s) are likely to be similar to the male-to-female transgender situation where they just need to meet certain androgen levels to be eligible to compete as a female.

Also, as a matter of discourse, here is the differential in Jamaican athlete’s 100m pre and post WADA investigation/Jamaica anti doping overhaul in 2013 (and interestingly, Bolt’s time this year places him in 4th place at London)
Pre WADA is average taken from year’s best time for 2011, 2012 & 2013. Post WADA is average taken from 2014, 2015 & 2016.
Times are allowing for wind factor as per IAAF website
Usain Bolt Pre 10.53 Post 9.86 Diff -0.97
Asafa Powell Pre 10.75 Post 11.46 Diff +.72
Johan Blake Pre 9.71 Post 12.56 Diff +2.85 *note - he didn’t record a time in 2013 so Pre is 2011 & 2012 times only
Nickel Ashmeade Pre 10.86 Post 10.67 Diff -0.20
Nesta Carter Pre 10.90 Post 11.54 Diff +0.64

Christania Williams Pre 12.17 Post 11.79 Diff -0.38 *note - no time recorded for 2013
Elaine Thompson Pre 11.40 Post 11.87 Diff + 0.47 *note - no times recorded for 2011 or 2012
Shelly-Anna Fraser-Pryce Pre 11.55 Post 11.37 Diff -0.18
Veronica Campbell-Brown Pre 11.73 Post 11.99 Diff +0.26

Things to note: Power and Blake have both served doping suspensions and Carter has just been named as something who tested positive following 2008 Olympics
Overall, presuming the Jamaican doping authorities did crack down at the end of 2013, it appears Blake is the only one who has really suffered

[AllisonStokke.jpg]
Cannot see anything, or is it her name for us to google? I do know who she is.
I knew the name was enough to evoke a certain photo for most Blitzers.

Calm down DJR - she was 17 when that photo was taken! (and is it creepy I don’t need to google to know that?)

EB, what are the numbers we’re looking at in that Jamaican thing?

Here’s Bolt’s “progression” from IAAF.org

PERFORMANCE WIND PLACE DATE
2016 9.81 +0.2 Rio de Janeiro (Estádio Olímpico) 14 AUG
2015 9.79 -0.5 Beijing (National Stadium) 23 AUG
2014 9.98 -0.6 Warszawa (Stadion Narodowy) 23 AUG
2013 9.77 -0.3 Moskva (Luzhniki) 11 AUG
2012 9.63 +1.5 London (Olympic Stadium) 05 AUG
2011 9.76 +1.3 Bruxelles (Boudewijnstadion) 16 SEP
2010 9.82 +0.5 Lausanne (Pontaise) 08 JUL
2009 9.58 +0.9 Berlin (Olympiastadion) 16 AUG
2008 9.69 0.0 Beijing (National Stadium) 16 AUG
2007 10.03 +0.7 Réthimno 18 JUL

Seems to me he hasn’t performed to the same level post 2012. Whether that’s been age, injuries or something else is a potential discussion. The 07-08 change was massive, and the level from 08/09/12 was unprecedented. 13-16 has been a level more in line with historical numbers.

There’d obviously be bigger incentives for those involved to “manage an outcome” than there’d have been for Demetriou etc.

(I am not sure I’d want to know, and for now will choose to believe it’s all legit, but given the last few years around here I can’t help but look at everything with scepticism)

What’s wrong with superior athletic ability? Should Usain Bolt be banned on that score?
The issue of higher than average ( whatever average might be) endogenous substances in an athlete’s system has nothing to do with doping. The IAAF had previously ordered biomedical intervention to suppress naturally occurring testosterone levels in athletes identifying as female. Duttee Chand won her case on that. It was never at issue that those athletes might be biologically classified as male.
Ian Thorpe had higher than average naturally occurring testosterone levels, no biomedical intervention required.
Oscar Petorious won the right to compete in Olympics with artificial aids.
The IAAF has questionable ethics.

^ the issue is that although Caster identifies as female (as is her right), and has female organs, she is actually a male in regards to her androgen levels.
This isn’t just an IAAF thing either, the IOC itself has guidelines regarding this which fall more in line with pre-CAS decision
This article comprehensively covers it in a way I never could:

Just as a FYI, my personal take is that Pertorius should never have been able to compete in the able bodied Olympics
It’s akin to using a pogo stick to do high jump

EB, what are the numbers we're looking at in that Jamaican thing?

Here’s Bolt’s “progression” from IAAF.org

PERFORMANCE WIND PLACE DATE
2016 9.81 +0.2 Rio de Janeiro (Estádio Olímpico) 14 AUG
2015 9.79 -0.5 Beijing (National Stadium) 23 AUG
2014 9.98 -0.6 Warszawa (Stadion Narodowy) 23 AUG
2013 9.77 -0.3 Moskva (Luzhniki) 11 AUG
2012 9.63 +1.5 London (Olympic Stadium) 05 AUG
2011 9.76 +1.3 Bruxelles (Boudewijnstadion) 16 SEP
2010 9.82 +0.5 Lausanne (Pontaise) 08 JUL
2009 9.58 +0.9 Berlin (Olympiastadion) 16 AUG
2008 9.69 0.0 Beijing (National Stadium) 16 AUG
2007 10.03 +0.7 Réthimno 18 JUL

Seems to me he hasn’t performed to the same level post 2012. Whether that’s been age, injuries or something else is a potential discussion. The 07-08 change was massive, and the level from 08/09/12 was unprecedented. 13-16 has been a level more in line with historical numbers.

There’d obviously be bigger incentives for those involved to “manage an outcome” than there’d have been for Demetriou etc.

(I am not sure I’d want to know, and for now will choose to believe it’s all legit, but given the last few years around here I can’t help but look at everything with scepticism)

I took average time of 2011, 2012 and 2013 then adjusted for wind then took average of 2014, 2015 and 2016 then adjusted for wind

Handball is an under rated sport.

Awesome to play, and pretty good to watch.

When you’re alone, YouTube Argentinian beach handball. Then thank me 10 minutes later

When you’re alone, YouTube Argentinian beach handball. Then thank me 10 minutes later

The Aussie girls are no mugs either.

Thanks…

Come on Boomers

Going ok Atm. Drawn level now at least …

I really want to go to sleep but feel like I should watch the rest of the basketball hmmm.

■■■■■■ hell this is tense …

It’s some game !

Put Longely on !

C’mon you b@stards!! , at least get your 1st Olympic medal out of this campaign …

Oh man…far out.
One of the best games you will ever see.

Can Spain miss ?
No foul pls !!!