Who Should We Draft?

If we drafted Newman and Cavarra from the Dolphins, plus added Baulderstone, I would spontaneously combust.

They would be my perfect end of national draft/PSD/rookie draft for mine.

newman2.jpg

Get Weller.

Get Weller.

Agreed, looks better than Brayshaw to me.

Anyone like Tom Lamb?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq5EDJTCKHA&channel=UCIjRjvHFnVYm6OtdD1C9n2Q

Interested to know the knocks on Aaron Christensen? 19 year old from the Falcons. Tall running wingmen/forward is something we haven't had for a while. 

He is a not overly quick outside mid with a prodigiously **** kick.

Lachie Weller, that is all.

He is who we should be targeting.

Anyone like Tom Lamb?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq5EDJTCKHA&channel=UCIjRjvHFnVYm6OtdD1C9n2Q

Not overly no. He showed occasional glimpses in the champs of what he might be capable of but he wasn't overly impressive, he apparently had 1 good final which admittedly I missed but he was absolutely non-existent in the 2 finals I did see. That vid is kind to his kicking as well.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't drop a round or 2 compared to where he was touted pre-champs.

Interested to know the knocks on Aaron Christensen? 19 year old from the Falcons. Tall running wingmen/forward is something we haven't had for a while. 

He is a not overly quick outside mid with a prodigiously **** kick.

:lol:

Some good players in that young guns game today really liked cockatoo, Steele and weller

For Real - Touk Miller bleeds Red and Black. We should srsly consider picking him up. 

Like Wellers disposal, could be exactly what we need if he makes it through to us…

Garlett is exactly what we need, x-factor, class, composure and dual sided Brad Hill mk 2.

Also Blakely seems to be underrated his inside ability is similar to Jobe/Kennedy.

We’ll probably need a pick in the top ten to get Weller after that performance.

#19 - Corey Ellis from the Western Jets. High risk, high reward player. When he is on he is ■■■■■■■ on.

Height: 185 cm
Weight: 76 kg
Position: Midfielder/utility
Strengths: Kicking, vision, tackling
Areas needing improvement: Consistency on the big stage, finding the football
Player comparison: Steele Sidebottom

Corey Ellis is one of the Jekyll and Hyde cases for 2014. At his best, he is scintillating, but his worst is absolutely abysmal. He can be one of the most lethal players by foot, and has elite upside.

His first two games for Vic Metro yielded astonishing averages: 19 disposals, 5.5 tackles, 4.5 inside 50s and a disposal efficiency of 84.5%. In stark contrast, his last two games had averages of 12.5 disposals, 2.5 tackles, 2.5 clangers, two inside 50′s and 48% disposal efficiency.

When Jets games have been reported on, Ellis seems to be a quiet achiever. His stats seem to be great, but a lot of them can be short chip passes that bolster his game. At his best, Ellis is an elite creator, whose kicking can break apart defences and start attacks.

His delivery into the 50 is silver service. He sees targets that no one else does, and he often chooses the risky yet potentially more dangerous option when moving forward. That can be his calling card, and yet, it can be his demise at the same time.

Ellis is a solid tackler for a guy with a light frame. His season high of eight against the Chargers is excellent, and if he is used as a small forward in the AFL, his forward pressure will win him game time.

Ellis has had one truly dominant game for the Jets this year: however, it was against the Northern Territory, a much weaker opponent. His stats of 35 disposals, 2.1, 11 handball receives and 11 marks is absolutely incredible. However, he hasn‘t hit quite that peak against stronger opponents.

His season averages are very solid however, with 24.3 disposals at 62% efficiency, which is great for a high risk player, as well as six handball receives, four marks and three tackles. Those numbers are excellent for someone who is seen as a quality over quantity player.

He is certainly an unfinished prospect, and he will take time at AFL level. Earlier in the year, he looked as though he could have pushed for top ten. He may slide out to the second round if other players show they deserve the spot more.

At #49 I like the look of Jesse Watchman from West Adelaide. 

I watch a lot of SANFL and Jesse has shown enough for me to think he could develop into a very solid ruck/tall forward. With Ryder leaving we may need to start looking at future partners for Bellchambers and Watchman could develop into that.

Good thing about this draft - There is no shortage of quick outside mids / KPPs in the first 2 rounds.

Plenty of options to quench our collective thirsts.

Weller, Menadue, Ahern, Miller, Goddard, Langford, Pickett, Garlett, McKenzie, Keitel, Lamb, WIlkinson, Ellis.

Are all options that can help our balance. If we can get a pick around 10 for Ryder most of these guys will be available.

Prob be hoping to score 3 live picks in the 1st 40 through clever trading, 

Yo Aceman what do you think Bampton? Parker type? Some phantom draft I saw said he might fall into our lap.

Norwood boy so you should know.

#19 - Corey Ellis from the Western Jets. High risk, high reward player. When he is on he is ******* on.
At his best, Ellis is an elite creator, whose kicking can break apart defences and start attacks.
His delivery into the 50 is silver service. He sees targets that no one else does,.

Sounds like Melksham!

COREY ELLIS

Yo Aceman what do you think Bampton? Parker type? Some phantom draft I saw said he might fall into our lap.
Norwood boy so you should know.

Had a bad ankle injury which forced him to miss a couple of months this year but the kid is a jet. Just missed our GF side as a 17yo last year. Inside mid with a with a strong build. Bit shorter than Wines but similar build and ability to break tackles. Good disposal aswell, would be one of the best out of SA this year