Winter Olympics - trying to not die

Speed skating relay is so ■■■■■■■ cool.

2 Likes

That was amazing.

1 Like

I didn’t get why the Chinese and Canadians were eliminated. From where i was sitting it looked like a Korean fell over when she tagging her teammate and took the Canadians out in the process. It seemed to bring the Koreans back into contention.

Regardless, what a crazy and watchable racing sport

China was eliminated for blocking Korea before. Canada for cutting s corner and not back tracking

Thanks

That French bloke in the ski cross knew he was rat(shit) as soon as he hit that jump and had a good 3 seconds to prepare for the inevitable stacking that was to follow. Waved his arms in a futile attempt at flying. Love it.

1 Like

(Shit)! He’s rooted.

A Canadian guy had a massive stack in the ski cross too, went up off a jump and just came down horizontally like a sack of ■■■■.

Took a good 15 minutes for them to clear him off the track.

1 Like

Stacks here, Canadian is last
https://au.sports.yahoo.com/winter-games/a/39248702/winter-olympics-2018-frightening-crashes-rock-ski-cross-heats/

Makes you realise that David Morris isn’t really joking when he says his number one goal when competing is to come out of the competition still alive.

2 Likes

That’s a strange motivation for what is a completely voluntary activity

Dude! Crazy cats

(Bloody) Hell!

Reporting a broken pelvis

If that’s all that’s broken then that’s a pretty good result.

Yeah I reckon.
Not that I recommend viewing it, but Gernot Reinstadler‘s injury (and subsequent death) is the most gruesome sporting injury I’ve seen or heard of by so far it’s not funny. The trauma goes beyond what you’d expect to see in high speed motor vehicle accidents, let alone a sporting arena.
Turns out downhill skiing of all forms is a ridiculously dangerous sport!

"During training for the Lauberhorn race, while entering the finish S (German: Ziel-S), Reinstadler lost control and crashed into safety nets at full speed, where one of his skis became trapped. Reinstadler suffered a pelvic fracture and severe internal injuries as his organs bled out onto the slope.[1]

He died later the same night at a hospital in Interlaken, even after undergoing several blood transfusions.[2]"

yeah ■■■■ that

1 Like

Whoa. That was horrible.

Probably a replay but Cracking game between US & Canada in the womens ice hockey atm …Tough.

It’s fair to say the female snowboarders are very attractive.

1 Like