Workplace jerks

I had something similar where a co-worker was taping a box up. I asked, she said she will be a few minutes so I moved the box for her.

Problem solved

Is that a rude euphemism or am I slow

Depends how he moved it, I guess.

Speak to the female who actually had the problem with him.
If she has a problem with how things went down, explain that you would back her up if she wanted to make a formal complaint.
If she wasn’t affected by it enough to do something, then it’s not a problem.
If their Team Leader does nothing, go up a level.

When complaining this is the process.
Affirmation (infrastructure guys are awesome)
Problem reveal (but there’s this taping thing, which is not the taping thing, it’s the respect thing; the taping on its own won’t cut it)
Solution (Can we all just be mindful that others have things to do too?)
Affirmation (we all love being here and we’re doing an awesome job and this can be fixed really quickly)

■■■■■■■ hell i thought this was finally the return of the hotchicks thread.

misleading title

Me.

I kind of lost my job because I’d become a complete ■■■■■■■■. A couple of years ago 3 things happened all at once. My daughter came along who I love dearly but it’s kind of changed the relationship with my son which i miss. We also moved house and the whole asada thing really ■■■■■■ the pooch for me. Oh and a new grad came along and really spoiled the chemistry I had with my other colleague.

All these things in isolation I could of dealt with but all of them at once crippled me to an extent. Yes woe is me. I got on meds and tried my hardest to ride it out but the boss hauled me in the office and basically told me I was being a prick, my body language was ■■■■■ and my fly was constantly undone. The GM wanted me gone so instead of the wonders of micro management I took a deal involving long service leave and two rather expensive courses that will qualify me as a designer rather than a regulator. Funny thing was the public liked me. No matter - I’ve got a part time job lined up with my old boss and I’m in Qld next week to knock this course on the head.

Any way had to get that off my chest. I was an ■■■■ in hindsight and would have done the same thing if I was boss of me. And the meds ■■■■■■ me up to the extent some thought I was a druggie.

And no I don’t like change. And the inability of my trousers to keep the barn door closed.

Over and out.

Well, that escalated quickly.

Get to work early. Then use a whole roll of tape to tape up his work area; his phone, his computer, chair, any personal items and then tape off the whole work area.

Nickyd: If something like this happens at my workplace then it wasn’t me. Ok. Honest.

I was a bit of a jerk at Dan Murphy’s a few weeks ago. I was at the counter and they tried to charge me 10 bucks more than the special price, because I didnt have a rewards card. I carried on a bit like a pork chop and threw my hands up in the air and walked out leaving the slab of littel creatures on the counter.
My hissy fit means now Im too embarassed to go back to Dan Murphy’s until I can grow a beard,

Spewin

Needed to let it out.

No tritons involved.

Needed to let it out.

No tritons involved.

I’m listening.

I’m glad it was therapeutic, and you have gained self-awareness.

Just quit, become a backpacker and move to Cairns with the rest of us.

So why didn't you help?
Part of the reason I'm posting.

What should I have done? I was 30m away with about 20 people between me and the incident. Does that make my inaction OK?

And does a non-involved man interjecting reek of patriarchy? She was handling it very well. Far better than I would have in her place.

And what should I do now? Should I contact HR to advise them of my account of the incident?

I don’t have the answers to these questions. So what would other people do, looking at this from the outside?

I would have walked over to his desk and peed on it.

Then when he said, “Excuse me, they have rooms for that. Can you do that in the toilet?”

I would say “No” and go back to peeing.

So, wait? Sameolds2010 is the box-taping guy? Or is he James Hird?

I’m confused.

In my day we would have taped his mouth and thrown him naked out the window.

And not told anyone about it.

We tried that here. Windows don’t open.

Was messy

I would say workplace jerks are no one else’s business as long as you have them in a closed cubicle.

I would say workplace jerks are no one else's business as long as you have them in a closed cubicle.
That has been sealed with box-tape.
So, wait? Sameolds2010 is the box-taping guy? Or is he James Hird?

I’m confused.

Am I James Hird?
I’ll just check the front yard.

Me.

I kind of lost my job because I’d become a complete ■■■■■■■■. A couple of years ago 3 things happened all at once. My daughter came along who I love dearly but it’s kind of changed the relationship with my son which i miss. We also moved house and the whole asada thing really ■■■■■■ the pooch for me. Oh and a new grad came along and really spoiled the chemistry I had with my other colleague.

All these things in isolation I could of dealt with but all of them at once crippled me to an extent. Yes woe is me. I got on meds and tried my hardest to ride it out but the boss hauled me in the office and basically told me I was being a prick, my body language was ■■■■■ and my fly was constantly undone. The GM wanted me gone so instead of the wonders of micro management I took a deal involving long service leave and two rather expensive courses that will qualify me as a designer rather than a regulator. Funny thing was the public liked me. No matter - I’ve got a part time job lined up with my old boss and I’m in Qld next week to knock this course on the head.

Any way had to get that off my chest. I was an ■■■■ in hindsight and would have done the same thing if I was boss of me. And the meds ■■■■■■ me up to the extent some thought I was a druggie.

And no I don’t like change. And the inability of my trousers to keep the barn door closed.

Over and out.

I must know about the ‘fly constantly undone’ complaint. It kind of comes out of nowhere and you don’t elaborate on it. I must know how and why.

At this stage I’m not prepared to comment further on that matter suffice to say it had nothing to do with the size of little sameolds2000. Unfortunately.

But I’m glad someone has finally seen what the critical element of the story was.