Wrap Up v Richmond

Mckernan pushed in the side… and it was barely a push… no hands in the back at all.
Rance milked it like he had diving lessons from adam goodes book of best dives.

15 Likes

Tonight I knew for a fact that Woosha shouldn’t be our coach. Going into a game like this you have two options, try and negate their strengths or accentuate ours. If you’re one of the lesser teams there’s not much choice but to try and drag the opposition down to your level. If you’re a better team then more likely that you’ll go head to head, but with some smarts.

After a couple of really good weeks we reverted to a conservative structure playing extra numbers behind the ball. Of course, it played directly into Richmonds hands, and gave us no chance going the other way.

I’m sick of this. We’ve got some talent in the team. Going into this match we had some momentum. I want a coach who’ll back us in, not one afraid of what the opposition might do.

So ■■■■■■ predictable, so predictable you wonder why the coaching staff can’t see it. Playing an extra behind the ball gave us nothing, but every kick out of defence, every foray foward, meant that we were outnumbered.

I feel for the players. Stats wise pretty even. They had a go. But how dispiriting is it to look up the field and think oh fark, nothing to kick to?

You can go on about the free kicks and fair enough, and the missed opportunities, but fact of the matter we were terribly outcoached tonight and that’s why we lost.

21 Likes

By the way, how many weeks would an Essendon player get for that charge that Martin won’t be cited for in the first?

8 Likes

Love Devon Smith.

Ling was trying to find positives but Smith didn’t want a bar of it.

6 Likes

I think Blitz is whining about the umpiring again. Did we get the rough of the green? Yes. Was it half as bad as being made out to be here? No.

7 Likes

I can’t get over how ineffective McGrath was at just about everything tonight

2 Likes

Farking gutted by that loss

McGrath has second year blues. He’s struggled all bar 1 or 2 games

6 Likes

Worse than Anzac Day

Soft was a dive if it was Jetta he would be suspended for a week. But rance will be lauded how courageous.

Once they realise we are just an ordinary run of the mill side then they might stop looking for excuses, face the reality and see the game for what it is. Oh wait, i forgot where i am…

Everybody keeps saying that we changed our structure back to the old one. I find this hard to believe after 2 good wins, maybe the opposition are dictating terms because our players are dumb footballers.

1 Like

Reckon the back pocket is his best position.

McG may be yet another case of trying to turn someone into a mid when they’re better suited elsewhere.

4 Likes

Its what I’ve believed all along.

I’ve been out of the country so missed the last three games. From my perspective on level 3 there was little change in style from the footy I saw before heading overseas.

Should have stayed in France!

2 Likes

Everytime we go into a big game with hype, positivity and a massive turn up from our fans, we get turned over and usually in an ugly manner.

I really feel sorry for our young fans who haven’t experienced 1% of the big victories I got to enjoy especially at the MCG watching Essendon when I was young.

36 Likes

You reckon people think we’re better than a run of the mill side?

What’s disappointing is that our run of the mill side (even a man down early) had a crack, but had key decisions against it all night, so the better side had an opportunity to waltz away.

It destroys the game. Destroys our players confidence, and breeds confidence in the opposition.

4 Likes

Dont think rance controls it at all. They’re back 6 is well set up in general and are very well drilled at what they do. Rance is smart by knowing when to run off his man.

Hi Razor, hi.

Richmonds biggest win over Essendon since 1983 according to the HS

How far we have fallen as a club