Your dream location to live if you havent already moved there?

Kelowna/Osoyoos in British Columbia. Australian summers with a Canadian winter- best of both worlds.
But the Macedon Ranges is ok for now…

Kelowna/Osoyoos in British Columbia. Australian summers with a Canadian winter- best of both worlds. But the Macedon Ranges is ok for now.....

The okanagan, nice part of the world.

Kelowna/Osoyoos in British Columbia. Australian summers with a Canadian winter- best of both worlds. But the Macedon Ranges is ok for now.....
Which Australian summer?

Anywhere north of Glasgow - Highlands/Islands of Scotland.

Or Point Roadknight in Anglesea.

Harkaway,berwick village or belgrave south.doveton is also nice if you like to live on the edge whilst walking the dog or taking the kids to the park.

Harkaway is nice.

South belgrave is a steep shithole firetrap.

You guys can buy my joint in Clematis if ya want that type of thing.

I agree on Harkaway and Berwick Village. Cost an absolute fortune considering how far away they are from the city.

Despite all the jokes Adelaide is a pretty good place to live in but still looking at property on Lombok to set up my retirement dig

I’d tread warily in Lombok - Still many primitive attitudes and can be unfriendly to foreigners - Actually can be unfriendly to fellow Indonesians who are not from Lombok.

Have been several times and find it much friendlier and safer than Bali. Have gone back a couple of times to check out land and have a couple of blocks to check out over there in a few weeks time. You are correct in some regards though, they are very suspicious towards foreigners at first and being a lot more of a Muslim population they view other Indonesians with great suspicion. They are still very primitive in most parts, a lot like Bali was 20-30 years ago

l hear nothing but good reports about Lombok these days. l haven’t been back there since 1993. My wife and l were in Bali for 2 weeks over Christmas. It was a bit too chaotic, and the amount of tourist development detracts from the culture of the place, which is a bit of a pity. There are now just too many shops, restaurants and hotels. We look forward to going to Lombok in the next year or so.

At present l am in the process of buying a house and land in Tuk Tuk, on Samosir Island, in Lake Toba. This thread could not be more timely. This is an exceptional piece of land, about 1500 sq. m. Mountain views out the back, lake out the front. Plenty of space for a couple of dozen various fruit trees, and a decent sized vegie patch.

Having just got back from Fingal Bay, just north of Newcastle. Places looks like it’d be a beautiful place to retire. Amazing beach, apparently great fishing

At present l am in the process of buying a house and land in Tuk Tuk, on Samosir Island, in Lake Toba. This thread could not be more timely. This is an exceptional piece of land, about 1500 sq. m. Mountain views out the back, lake out the front. Plenty of space for a couple of dozen various fruit trees, and a decent sized vegie patch.

I stayed at a guest house there many years ago. Ideallic place, and nice weather all the time I was there. I thought though it was a part of Indonesia that was off the travel list due to security issues.

I stayed at a guest house there many years ago. Ideallic place, and nice weather all the time I was there. I thought though it was a part of Indonesia that was off the travel list due to security issues.

Nope, access to Toba has never been blocked. l believe you are thinking of Banda Aceh, the province at the very northern end of Sumatra. They have been pushing for independence, and lost 100,000 + people when the tsunami hit.

apartment in Manhattan for their summer

Nope, access to Toba has never been blocked. l believe you are thinking of Banda Aceh, the province at the very northern end of Sumatra. They have been pushing for independence, and lost 100,000 + people when the tsunami hit.

I did a seminar at the Oil Refinery in Banda Aceh, then went to samosir for a holiday. It was a long drive I seem to recall, but still close to do it in a day.

Actually correction. I now recall that I flew to Medan and then was driven to Lake Toba, so it is a long way.

Might cost a bit !

Might cost a bit !

Might be a bit f***ing hot too! There’s a good reason why people get out of Manhattan in the height of summer.

1 Like

Narooma, NSW. One of Australia’s most picturesque spots.

Though it would make going to the footy every week particularly difficult.

1 Like

Might cost a bit !

Might be a bit f***ing hot too! There’s a good reason why people get out of Manhattan in the height of summer.

id buy a fan

Might cost a bit !

id buy a fan

You don’t need to… sounds like you already have plenty here…

I lived on the Ile St Louis for a very brief period. It is a small island in the middle of the Seine:
https://google.com.au/maps/place/50+Rue+Saint-Louis+en+l’Île,+75004+Paris,+France/@48.85197,2.3476954,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x47e671fcbeb87f91:0x855e3b641abde7d7!8m2!3d48.85197!4d2.3564555

It was fantastic walking past Notre Dame to work, with glimpses of the Eiffel Tower on the way.

Now we are making do in our beach shack in Perth.

Sounds awesome. Accomodation de Paris would not be cheap I assume

Might cost a bit !

id buy a fan

You might need to follow Marilyn Monroe’s advice in a boiling NYC summer and keep your reg grundies in the freezer.
Sounds awesome. Accomodation de Paris would not be cheap I assume
You are only young once.

Or so I have been told.

We love our patch in Hobart BUT we could easily be persuaded to live in Santa Margherita Italy. Actually anywhere in Italy would be OK :slight_smile: