Your first game

Ess vs Bulldogs, Lloydy's hammy game... sorry guys :(

Either 1993 or 1994 at Victoria Park at three quarter time, don't remember which team Collingwood were playing.

[quote name=“Hyan Rartwig” post=“190826” timestamp=“1399545561”]My first was in 2002 against the 'Aints. They wore this horrid yellow clash strip, and we pumped them by 99 points.[/quote

Awesome game to go to as your first.

Who is the player in your sig, i cant figure it out

Can't remember my first game, which would have been around 25 years ago now.  Pretty sure it was at Windy Hill in the standing room, but details beyond that... no.

I do remember the first final I went to, the 1990 semi final vs Collingwood where we were flogged by 10 goals.  Not a great memory there.  I blame Sumich.  If he knew how to kick 1990 might be a different story.

My first ever game wasn't an Essendon game :(

My best friend at the time was a Collingwood supporter and his father decided to take him to the footy as a suprise as he had never been.

It was 2007 and it was Collingwood vs Richmond at the G.

It was unbelievable hearing the roar of the crowd and the atmosphere for the first time. It was made even better when the shitehouse Bitchmond team beat them. I knew at this very moment all these years of being diehard Essendon was fate and forever instilled my hate for them.

Ess v Syd 2001 where Alessio kicked a goal basically on the siren to put us in front.

My first ever live Essendon game was a pre-season game against Swan Districts in Collie W.A. back

in 1985. Swans were coming off a hat trick of flags in the WAFL and us off the '84 flag.

Sheeds brought over basically the entire Premiership side for that game including a recovering Paul

Salmon who was still on crutches, from the previous season's knee injury.

I remember it vividly as I ended up getting all the players and Sheeds's autographs before the game

as they got off the coach. We ended up belting them by 99 points.

First ever official VFL game I saw Essendon play in live was in 1987 at the WACA against the Eagles

which we won by 28 points. The only memory of that game was big Trevor Spencer playing well. The

next season I saw Salmon kick 11 goals against them at the WACA again.

First Melbourne game live was Essendon v Richmond at the 'G in 1996. Significant memory of this match

was Che Cockatoo-Collins starring after coming in as an emergency after originally being dropped for the

match on the Thursday night. Dons were down by 20 pts at half time but wiped that margin in about ten

minutes after the re-start before going on to win by about the same margin.

Many great memories from the last 32 years of following this Mighty Club.

1988 vs North Melbourne at the G. I was 5, and my dad had carefully picked the game as one where we were a) playing at the G (mum said no to taking me to Windy Hill) and b) one the Bombers would definitely win.

I still remember being blown away by how big the place was when we walked out of the stairs into the Olympic Stand. We got there about half time in the 2s. Dad bought me a Record and by the time the game started I had memorised the numbers of all the players. I remember the final score being 140 to 94, and Simon Madden kicking 5 goals.

Queens Birthday Monday 1982.

We played Carlscum and not for the first time in that period won.

Well not so much won as flogged them by 10 goals.

Their CS left at 3/4 time (near the commentary box) and all of us behind them got the seats.

2nd semi at the G in 1983???  We lost by a couple of goals (Whorethorn) but was a great game of footy.

2nd semi at the G in 1983??? We lost by a couple of goals (Whorethorn) but was a great game of footy.

Sounds more like '84. Even though we lost, that game convinced all true EFC people that we could beat Hawthorn in the GF.

2nd semi at the G in 1983??? We lost by a couple of goals (Whorethorn) but was a great game of footy.

Sounds more like '84. Even though we lost, that game convinced all true EFC people that we could beat Hawthorn in the GF.

Think you're right - it was 84.

Exactly the same in 1993 when we narrowly lost the first final to Carlton with key players out.

Anzac Day No.1. Draw. 

'97 Anzac Day. Pretty sure we lost that game. Sat up the back of the Southern Stand

1988 -  Round 21 -  Essendon v Melbourne at Windy Hill.

Bombers won by 38 points.

First time I ever saw Michael Long.

Didn’t say ‘Fark Carlton’.

Post reported.

Year 2000 when we versed Carlton. It was my first experience of AFL as I grew up barracking and playing rugby. My step dad took us back to Perth after he married my mum and was a massive Essendon fan.

Dad took me to see Essendon v Richmond at VFL Park probably round 15 or 16 in 1986 aged 7.

Paul Salmon kicked 11 goals. My first childhood hero from that moment.

Other than that, my only other memory of the day was me asking my dad where to commentators were!

Can’t remember the year, but it was mid/late seventies, V Collingwood at Vic Park. I made dad take me even though he was a Pies fan. We won and it was a very quiet drive home in the old Kingswood. I wasn’t allowed to speak!