Your preference for pick 1

Get Sam Powell-Pepper down the foward line 30 out of 30 goal kicking!!! No idea about any of them but hey WSPHU

You didn’t see him during the year in games when the pressure was on. Couldn’t hit the side of a barn

Maybe it was because we had THREE top defenders and only needed two down back???

Brant McLuggedge

McCluggage does things no one else at his level can do - nor has done in the TAC history.

Don’t worry about size - Hird wasn’t big.

To me McCluggage does the things that James did: get the ball from impossible positions, and make plays that no-one else could.

We would be mad not to get him.

Whether with #1 or even better with a trade that gives us #3 and another gun.

I think we should take Aaron Heppell with pick 1 (rookie)

No Brad Green option?

McCluggage does things no one else at his level can do - nor has done in the TAC history.

Don’t worry about size - Hird wasn’t big.

To me McCluggage does the things that James did: get the ball from impossible positions, and make plays that no-one else could.

We would be mad not to get him.

Whether with #1 or even better with a trade that gives us #3 and another gun.

What? Yes he was, Hird was a utility that could play tall and small and in the modern game would be the definition of a big bodied mid.
McGrath in the Grand Final had 38 possessions yet many thought he wasn't best on ground, you wouldn't even realise he had that many until you hear or read the stats.

McCluggage has 17 in the All star game and Brad Johnson is saying we just can’t stop him. Everyone knew he was playing, he had 21 possessions less than McGraths GF performance yet there is a big difference in impact.

It’s no contest McCluggage hurts you with his possession McGrath doesn’t.
Anyone who watches the championship games, all star game, AIS vs VFL teams games and the TAC cup competition will also see this.

During the year McCluggage had a game 36 possessions 5 goals, that is 19 possessions and 1 goal more than his All Star game.

Pick the player who impacts the game, pretty simple really.

You are so far of the mark it’s not funny. To say McGrath doesn’t impact a game is just complete nonsense. If it wasn’t for him going to Stephenson in the TAC elimination final they would have lost that game and never have even made the grand final let alone win it. He destroyed Ainsworth in a champs game which also won them the game and his 2nd half in the TAC grand final helped them get over the line.

So again 3 examples of McGrath moving to defence to be a defender, that’s just it, he is an awesome shut down player or an attacking defender…

You questioned his ability to impact games which you are clearly wrong in. And McCluggags impact comes from his goal kicking i wouldn't say there is a big difference in their impact in general play.

Goals Goals Goals, they seem to have the biggest impact on games, Hird was an impact player because he kicked goals at the crucial times, time after time I just come to expect Hird to save the day yet again because of his goal kicking ability.

So by your logic Hurley and Hooker have no impact on a game down back rightio then

I wonder why we keep trying to turn defenders into forwards, 1st Hurley, next Carlisle next Hooker even Francis and Walla are being put there.

Both are important, nearly every position has importance.

yes agree, but what do we need more right now, a goal kicking mid or a defensive mid?

A defensive mid.

Me

Definitely on the the McGrath bandwagon. Will be a future captain of the club.

Definitely on the the McGrath bandwagon. Will be a future captain of the club.

Only if he plays longer than Zerrett.

I cant wait until draft is done, Hugh is holding our jumper and we can put this to bed and open up the “Who we should have drafted thread”

Get the bloke who hurts the opposition the most. A goal kicking mid is far more damaging than a defensive mid, even if he does set up a lot of the play from the HBF.

McCluggage sets up play through the middle and in attack and bags 2 or 3 goals every game. Can’t go past him IMO.

Get the bloke who hurts the opposition the most. A goal kicking mid is far more damaging than a defensive mid, even if he does set up a lot of the play from the HBF.

McCluggage sets up play through the middle and in attack and bags 2 or 3 goals every game. Can’t go past him IMO.

No, that is not true.
■■■■■■ me off that people take a quick, shallow view of the game. Why don’t we just have a team of forwards then, ffs?

No, that is not true.
■■■■■■ me off that people take a quick, shallow view of the game. Why don’t we just have a team of forwards then, ffs?

Yes it is true! (coz I say it is)

But seriously, both types have value of course, and I dont think I was taking a quick shallow view of the game, but we need guys who can kick goals and win us games in that area of the ground.

No, that is not true.

But seriously, both types have value of course, and I dont think I was taking a quick shallow view of the game, but we need guys who can kick goals and win us games in that area of the ground.

Do you feel we have addressed this are recently with Laverde, Langford, Walla, Colyer, Fanta, and hopefully, Francis?

I don’t really understand all the focus on “impacting the game” - it’s such a subjective term, think of the butterfly effect.

If a vanilla plodder defender doesn’t get a seemingly insignificant fingertip in to spoil then the explosive midfielder doesn’t get the chance to run and carry.

If the seemingly insignificant 10 possession per game forward flanker misses his kick target by 5 cm then the forward doesn’t get a shot at goal.

I undersrand that some possessions can be considered worthless, but even some worthless sideways keeping off possessions can give other players time to find space or time to set up correctly which can end in a goal

So IMO it’s crazy to say that even though someone got 38 possessions they didn’t impact the game as much as someone who’s kicked 10 goals… Because without those 38 possessions, regardless of what happened with those possessions, then the other guy may not have kicked his 10 goals.

It’s like when those annoying commentators say how important a goal was near the end of the game which puts a team in front… Yeah that Final goal was so much more important than the other 15 that the team kicked? Do you realise if the previous 15 weren’t kicked then the team wouldn’t have even had the chance to win…

All I ask for is a clean consistent performer who can help improve the overall quality of our team, don’t care what his name is or his weight / height.

And Redman and Eades.

No, that is not true.

Do you feel we have addressed this are recently with Laverde, Langford, Walla, Colyer, Fanta, and hopefully, Francis?

Not really.

I think the Clug is different to all those, he’s not the same as Francis who is more key possie player, Walla and Fanta more deeper forwards with Walla also damaging from HBF, Coyler is that speed demon who isnt that same type of mid as Clug, LAV is more the impact player and Langford isnt really a fwd / mid (imo) as much as Clug is.

Maybe a few of those descriptions are limited, but I think Clug will fit well into our mid / fwd duel role mix more so than a def mid.

And Redman and Eades.

Still a unknown at this stage, for me. But that’s what they were picked up for, sure.