Australian Politics, Mark III

:cry:ā€¦

1 Like

Give you that.
That was an amazing night.
Fox studios opened, the republic referendum came in, and Kennett got dumped out of nowhere.

Opening up some wounds and memories there

Having said that, there is a lesson for the ALP in that.
Kennett said you had to look after the body before you worried about the toenails.

It was an amazing night for me, living in Canberra, no radio or TV reporting on elections ( in any case, thought Jeff was a shoe in) , in depression mode, would not answer phone in case it was from Carlton supporters, late in the night got the news from Vicland.
Flew down to Bracksland to watch Carlton getting beat the next week.

5 Likes

Best things about that election was Felicity Kennett saying she didnā€™t know a single person who voted Labor.

1 Like

Kennett ran that campaign like Eddie runs Collingwood - no one else in the Government was allowed to speak, it was all about him. That went well

Thing is, if the ALP are relying on thatā€¦
Bracks was a goober.
Albanese isnā€™t even that.

Albanese is that other kid in Dark.
Not Jonas, obviously, not Bartoshā€¦the other one. Says strong things sometimes and then disappears for about six episodes.
Definitely in the show.

And here comes Bacchus to tell me why excellent qualities for a whip make you a party leader.

1 Like

Well for what it is worth, Bill Shorten is a really great bloke to have a beer with. Down to earth, sincere and very interesting. the only thing I never liked was that he supports Collingfilth.

Call him names if you want, but your description is just wrong, and I hav enever heard anyone but you label him as such. And I have given up giving a fark how people vote, as it seems to me if they base their decision on nonsense like your description of Bill then nothing I do will change anything. And I do not get you; you find it ok to insult Bill Shorten but then get offended when I give it back.

1 Like

Again,ā€¦ the 5 to 10 % that matter and swing an election most certainly do, ā€¦ and NO there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, ā€¦ it just IS.

No one can, you just have to have someone with charisma and POPULARITY to go WITH the good policy to win an election for Labor when they are so up against the Media concentration.

Either that, or make a deal with the Devil like Kev did, but Bill wouldnā€™t,ā€¦ which won much admiration from me, and others involved with the Party down here.

Also, again, ā€¦ Bill would have won despite his lack of that certain quality, if he didnā€™t shoot himself in the foot in the last few Weeks/Months by announcing Franking Credits, Electric Utes and massive Neg Gearing changes BEFORE gaining Office.

Completely unnecessary and gave the Devil and the Lieberals all they needed to pull it from the fire.

1 Like

Mate i didnā€™t insult him. And i reckon heā€™s the probably a lovely bloke too. Why donā€™t you up your parsing game and try to distinguish between someone expressing a hypothesis and someone attacking a bloke? Hint, you do the latter.

Itā€™s not best equivalence but think of the way footy supporters tend to react to types like Minson, Dawes, even Lumumba, who didnā€™t speak the right language in the right voice. Instinctive dislike that went beyond the gurnsey. Anyway, i reckon itā€™s constructive to look at the various whys and wherefores but maybe Iā€™ve got too many days off right now

For what itā€™s worth maybe i should have said ā€˜effeteā€™, or even better ā€˜softā€™. Again, not my belief that he is either of those things

Iā€™d have just said ā€˜wankerā€™ with a history of back-stabbing.

Thatā€™s the entire establishment

No comments here on the Google situation ???

Has itā€™s own thread.

1 Like

Thanks.

1 Like

Once again F. F. S.

I know what far right extremism looks like, seeing it a lot around the world right now, whatā€™s far left extremism? Like extinction rebellion? Antifa I assume, but no one seems to know what they even look like :joy:

2 Likes