Essington Vs WWE Coast MATCH REVIEW THREAD (Another Finals Soaking)

sigh

It’s been 5,479 days since a finals win and looks like it’s going to be another 365 days added to that (Provided we make finals in 2020).

Add the statistic over the past 50 years in finals, only Kevin Sheed has coached us to a win (23 Wins & 20 Losses). Every other coach has tried 7 times (Make that 8 after tonight?) and lost them all.

Not only lost every final attempted, but have been destroyed and embarrassed.

Tonight’s game was no exception. It all started in the ruck with Nic Naitanui & Bellchambers. Our ruck situation is nothing short of terrible. Big Bellchambers is finished and Drapers time in the saddle can’t come soon enough.

There are lot of sore players out there tonight… Hurley, Hooker, Fantasia etc. and it clearly shows.

The players that stood out to me tonight were McGrath (was everywhere early), Saad (Tried all night and took the game on) and Francis (Looked confident down back).

I reckon Redman & Snelling had a real crack too.

Heppell & Merrett racked up a few disposals but just weren’t damaging enough IMO, likewise Parish who seemed to have an off night, turned it over quite a bit. Ambrose did his job without sparkling.

Hooker, McKernan & Brown were terrible, it just wasn’t their night at all.

It was a quiet night for far too many players. The package was wet, soggy and undeliverable. Return to sender and try again next yeR. Tippa was invisible. Ham tried but his body just isn’t ready for finals footy. Lav, Langford, McKenna, good in patches but need to lift another couple of levels. Shiel appeared to try but was under pressure each and every touch.

Overall, I’m disappointed.

The gameplan sucked. I don’t know who writes it up but it’s stagnant, it stinks, it’s ugly and it doesn’t work.

There is no plan B.

Another year is gone and we desperately need to mend the forward line. Daniher is needed BIG TIME and The return of Smith would be handy. But we return to the fact that it’s the inside 50 entries that really hurt our club.

For 2020 I really hope we dig deep and have a crack. We need to lift the intensity and become a tough team that the opposition fears.

Right now, we are a laughing stock.

15 Likes

Totally expected from this lot.
TOTALLY expected.

10 Likes

I saw apes at the Zoo and Pelicans in the Swan River so there’s that.

17 Likes

Happy to see Francis and McGrath have solid games. Result was exactly what I expected.

Hope Nicnat gets a week.

5 Likes

I should have been prepared once the esports team lost in the gauntlet.

5 Likes

Rinse?

that was a bath.

If this club does not get rid of Worsfold I will not renew my membership.

15 Likes

YOU CANT START IT BEFORE THE END

1 Like

You can’t win a final if you constantly bomb it forward, can’t hold a tackle and have average foot skills

16 Likes

Also

2 Likes

Rinse and repeat

4 Likes

Turnover
Turnover
Turnover
Missed tackle
Turnover
Turnover
Missed tackle

21 Likes

Thank Fark that’s over. Go the Bears in the morning against the Packers

Screw you west coast

Screw you essendon

Screw you senior players who once again wet the bed under pressure

And double screw you worsfold you fraud of a coach

10 Likes

Not sure who’s at fault but the players have to take some responsibility for their lack of pressure & effort. They’re the ones out there. The repeat sprint efforts say it all & are just one stat.

2 Likes
  • Haven’t won a final in 15 years (Currently the longest streak in the AFL).

• Played five finals since 2004, with an average losing margin of 58 points.

• Haven’t finished higher than seventh place on the ladder since 2002.

• This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the club.

vomit

20 Likes

what a hot, hot ■■■■■■■ mess.

blow it all up, start again. again.

2 Likes

Result was an honest reflection of our year. Absolutely crap against good teams and zero aggression. First and last games of the season are perfect bookends.

6 Likes

Pathetic skills, pathetic tackling, bunch of ■■■■■■■ panic merchants

Get rid of woosh and get someone in who can ■■■■■■■ train a team in preseason

2 Likes

RABBLE

1 Like