Practice match vs Fark Carlton - Thursday 25 Feb 2021 @ 11am - no entry, live stream

Name me the last members only streaming match.

1 Like

I canā€™t. I can name plenty of years when they didnā€™t stream it though. In fact, has it happened more than once?

As this is taking the place of official preseason matches, Iā€™ll accept any of those games where live viewing was restricted to members only as well.
From any club.

Those games its replacing were free for members, not free for anyone else to attend.

3 Likes

Nobody can attend so thatā€™s irrelevant.
The only opportunity to watch Essendon in a preseason game, which this is, thatā€™s never been a members only privilege.
For any AFL team?
Correct?

This isnā€™t a matter of free or not free.
Thereā€™s no option to pay $5 to watch it.

1 Like

itā€™s a members only privilege for Fark Carlton as well

Yes, Iā€™m aware of that.
As itā€™s their ā€˜home gameā€™ I do wonder if it was their idea.

1 Like

The clubs using it as a little kicker to get people to sign up, good on them.
Some members complain they donā€™t get value out of their membership, well hereā€™s something exclusive.
Others refuse to buy a membership because they donā€™t believe in the direction of the club (or whatever) and they actively complain and detract from the club online, encouraging others not to buy memberships, etc. then they moan about not getting more inside access to the club, for free.
Its like stalking an ex, itā€™s creepy.

2 Likes

Well, yes. Theyā€™ve created the exclusion.
Theyā€™re not adding something for members. Theyā€™re taking something from fans.

If they made The Hangar members only that wouldnā€™t be giving members something extra, it would be taking something from non-members.
So much easier to do, and Iā€™m wary of suggesting it even as a silly example.

1 Like

Checked with the club. There will be a video replay of the Carlton game available for anyone to view afterwards. Unsure of timing though sorry. It could be that night but not confirmed as yet

20 Likes

How would it make you feel if we were lining Fark Carltonā€™s pockets?

so now the club are giving away my member exclusive content FOR FREE.

burn the joint to the ground.

17 Likes

Again, I concede the possibility that Essendon may not have had a choice in this decision.

7 Likes

Thanks @CJohns

1 Like

Damnit you sooks: VFLW round one is on this weekend at The Hangar and entry is allowed and (presumably) free.

Not sure if theyā€™ll keep telling @nackers to stay away from training, though.

3 Likes

Great stuff. There ya go non members, our shout.

5 Likes

hey @theDJR, is your excitement re the VFLW all about the football, or do you have more skin in the game?

2 Likes

I retract any of my previous statements.

2 Likes

Purely the footy (and you know the AFL donā€™t like that).

From my 2019 season review:

3 Likes

After posts from some people in this thread Iā€™m doubling down.
Not gonna risk becoming like That.

1 Like