Training Friday 16th December 2022

Ive been saying this for ages.
It would be a pain in the ■■■ trying to improve the teams kicking when every day there its windy as all ■■■■.

5 Likes

You just get the feeling that no matter what football field it is or which players are playing on it Tsatas will just find the ball.

2 Likes

Voss is listed at 194cm, Lloyd and Lucas were both 192cm, Harry Jones is 196cm, Baldwin is listed as 193cm.

Of course there is a move towards key position players being 198cm+, at 194cm his ceiling is probably as a second tall forward rather than the McKay or King type you’d build your forward line around, fortunately we have Peter Wright already there for that.

4 Likes

I know we’ve been out of the place as a match day venue and only train there occaisonally nowadays, but there is a reason it was called Windy Hill. Do we play in those conditions all the time? No, of course not with the move to large stadiums, but it is still an imporatnt skill to be able to adapt to any conditions. Otherwise we may as well just train inside The Hangar to simulate playing at Marvel all the time.

4 Likes

7 Likes

How tall is Peter though?

4 Likes

need to squeeze VOSS and Tsatas in the best 22.

2 Likes

I never want to say it because surely it’s a discussion that’s been had, but are there any other teams that train in virtually open, amateur ground conditions? Sure, adapt, but no ground we ever play at will be that open. How do you repeat behaviours/skills if you’re always battling a significant variable that won’t be present in match conditions? Happy to be called dumb on this but efc has been pretty dumb lately (decade or two)

4 Likes

Punt Road is pretty open, Arden St, Pies and Dees at Gosch’s paddock.

Those are all less naturally windy than the Hanger though.

2 Likes

Just over 2 yards

5 Likes

Lucky me, went to The Hangar this morning on my Melbourne holiday without knowing there was going to be training, so was really chuffed to get to watch the players in action. I had gone there intending to go to the Bomber shop.

Took a whole bunch of pictures, some of which I’ll upload shortly.

Munkara is a big unit, I’m excited about that.

55 Likes

Hangar is far windier than windy hill

2 Likes

West Coast Eagles train at Lathlain Park here in Perth, wide open in one of the windiest cities in the world.

9 Likes

22 Likes

47 Likes

Didn’t know that, I guess I assumed they used Subi or something.

21 Likes

Yeah, Pies and Tiges both in pretty cosseted little spots. I reckon the swirl they get is not miles off what happens at the G. Be nice to have your foundation team right in the guts and playing the G every other week. Sigh

It feels like this every year and you think how good is this going to be. We’ve got one here.

Then you remember our policy on development.

4 Likes

HFF for his first 4 years here we go

1 Like