Australian Policies -- from December 2023

Continuing the discussion from Australian Politics -- from June 2023 - #10056 by davethedon.

Previous discussions:

I mean…also…don’t argue with Wim past midday after an overnight. Or two. Or three.
It is literally 1am on a Friday night for me and you should adjust your expectations of intelligent conversations as such.

3 Likes

Your first mistake was switching on Sunrise when you got home from work

2 Likes

Lol. Lozza, get around me.
Alex, Wob, Nino, IT, HAP, I l love youz.

2 Likes

What has the Redbridge group got against Albo? Quite negative. Isn’t that company run by ex -Labor staffers ?

Jetsetting Albo doesn’t even get a derisive lol.
Try harder.
He’s the friggin’ PM.
Work to do.

1 Like

I don’t get the “jet-setting Albo” thing. Do people not want our PM meeting with other heads of state? Improving our export/trade relationships, etc? Do they think the government can’t function if the PM is overseas?

I get it if half the country is on fire and he’s chilling on a beach in Hawaii, but really?

8 Likes

Frydenbergs vote collapsed across two elections. Burnside and then Ryan showed that the electorate of Kooyong itself was shifting in attitude and voting intention. That’s what made Credlins (and her ilk) claims so hilariously preposterous - " people voted for progressives because we weren’t radically , backwardly conservative enough".

He was already struggling. Slagging off his State during the pandemic won’t have helped. Especially for an electorate already looking to express more progressive sentiments. An outer West, anti Andrews electorate may have lapped it up. But not , ultimately, Kooyong.

8 Likes

not in an electorate where a 5km drive puts you in range of 10 of your favourite golf courses

Danger Dan reviews “i’ve been so busy”

1 Like

I assume DD wasn’t ruining our biggest trade partner while sipping a cocktail on a Hawaiian beach while Australia was burning, but go off Queen.

3 Likes

Seems appropriate to leave the last thread on this.

5 Likes

It seems to me that, since the referendum, Twitter has got even more offensive fascist-wise.

I know that not everyone who voted No is a racist, but a large percentage of the active No voters on Twitter are just about ignoring everything that benefits the indigenous, almost to the point of being able to use the old offensive names like cn, bg, d**y…and overturn Mabo etc.

Names like Air Miles Albo and similar…WTF do they think the previous jerk was doing…alienating most of our friends and offending our trading partners. How do they think those relationships could be repaired.

I’m now at the point that I think anybody who is a dyed-in-the-wool Liberal is a deadset c**t.

My only hope is that the Teals overtake them. People with a conscience. Get rid of religion out of public life politics and we’ll all be better off. If they want to meet their maker and live the life eternal, don’t wait for Judgment Day, beat the rush and do it now.

5 Likes

In response to Wim’s earlier post of Josh not campaigning in Josh’s electorate, while he didn’t himself he got the puppies from the Guide Dogs to campaign though. Didn’t help the CEO much as she got the bullet for her troubles. So there were two people looking for new jobs.

1 Like

Redbridge includes Tony Barry, former deputy of Vic Lib Party, the one who said Victoria is where Lib hopes die.
Redbridge also includes Kos Samaras, former Deputy State campaigner for ALP.
The two of them make their incomes from polling.

1 Like

One Labor and one Liberal run it. I know them both well. Their heads are so big that they need double doors to enter buildings, and both drink each others bath water.

1 Like

Exactly correct. The Greens were eating away at his Vote since 2016. Teals got 40 primary vote in 2022, mostly from Labor and Greens, deciding votes came for ex-Lib voters.

Still reckon if he worked at it without the baggage of Morrison et al, he would be a chance.

Has been a pleasant day down at Eureka Stockade on the 169th anniversary of the Eureka rebellion. Museum gallery open, kids activities, music, etc.

Then about 10-15 White Supremists turn up, dressed in black, with black masks…… stand around for a while, then march off.

Lol f*cking cowards

9 Likes

Maybe …….from what I’ve been told he has little interest in politics in the short term……he’s earning a 7 figure salary I’m guessing as local chair of Goldman Sachs

It is good to see that they are still observing Covid protocols.

2 Likes